SNOW CANYON HIGH MUSIC DEPARTMENT DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
Classroom Policies and Procedures:
- Madrigal and Jazz Band classes begin at 6:30 a.m. Students should be at school a few minutes before in order to be prepared to begin class.
- No food, drink, or gum is allowed in class. Water bottles are allowed.
- Each Student is responsible for his/her own music and must be available at every rehearsal.
- Cell phone use/texting during class is not acceptable behavior. Students are subject to having their phones confiscated if they choose to continue to use it.
- Disruptions during class should be kept to a minimum. I understand that there may be times when a lesson needs to be scheduled in the mornings, or a student may have to leave a few minutes early to get to a class at the college. It is important that students be committed in order to make effective use of the time.
- I am aware of many of the activities in which the students are involved. Priorities must be chosen and sometimes hard decisions must be made. When conflicts arise, please to me at the earliest opportunity.
- Please take a careful look at the list of anticipated performances. We have a busy year planned. Each discipline has a calendar attached to their individual tabs located at the top of this website.